I can start a process instance with variables such that these variables
- are not written to runtime tables (i.e. are discarded when the starting command finishes)
- are not written to history tables
- Performance with large BLOB variables
- Avoiding redundant persistence of data that is immutable in the process instance context
- If possible, come up with a solution that works for all variable APIs and that does not require extending API method signatures.
- Variables can be declared transient in BPMN XML
- Typed values can be defined as transient