Type: Bug Report
Priority: L2 - Critical
Affects Version/s: 7.9.0
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:BPMN engine deployed in Docker container (camunda-bpm-platform:latest), Camunda Modeler 1.16.2, OS: Windows 10.
Title Keywords:event subprocess compensation external task
Cancellation Tasks are triggered in order that doesn't match the one specified in Event Subprocess. Intermediate Throwing Compensation Events are lined up in the following order: for MyTask3 -> for MyTask2 -> for MyTask. When error is triggered by External Task Handler for MyTask3, compensation is triggered in the following order: for MyTask -> for MyTask2, which is clearly wrong.
Steps to reproduce
- Launch BPMN engine in a Docker container using the following command:
- Deploy the diagram using Camunda Modeler.
- Build and launch an attached issue-reproducer Maven project (src/main/resources/application.yml contains Camunda's REST API URI prefix, which must be changed if necessary. Main class is com.example.camunda.EntryPointApplication).
- Trigger a process execution.
- Observe the output similar to the following:
Issue is clearly intermittent, sometimes I was able to reproduce it after running a fresh container and redeploying the diagram couple of times. /camunda/logs/localhost.2018-09-23.log with default logger settings didn't contain any records regarding process execution. Please let me know if you need any additional info, such as DB dump.