Uploaded image for project: 'Camunda Optimize'
  1. Camunda Optimize
  2. OPT-1702

Support having multiple processes and decisions in the same xml

    Details

    • Type: Task
    • Status: Done
    • Priority: L3 - Default
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 2.4.0, 2.4.0-alpha2
    • Component/s: frontend
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      Currently we read the name of the process from the first process element in the xml. This causes problems when the xml contains multiple processes. The same problem exists for DMN, but is even more prominent there because of DRDs. We should make sure Optimize works when the xml contains multiple processes or decisions.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          sebastian.stamm Sebastian Stamm added a comment -

          It looks like we have to solve this on a case by case basis. E.g. for the decision names, the code that fetches the name from the xml must be aware of the decisionDefinitionKey of the report. In case of rendering decision tables, the algorithm has to instruct dmn.js to switch to a particular view.

          I currently do not see a way for a more general fix, but I will keep this ticket open until I get a better understanding of this issue, probably when OPT-1509 is done.

          Show
          sebastian.stamm Sebastian Stamm added a comment - It looks like we have to solve this on a case by case basis. E.g. for the decision names, the code that fetches the name from the xml must be aware of the decisionDefinitionKey of the report. In case of rendering decision tables, the algorithm has to instruct dmn.js to switch to a particular view. I currently do not see a way for a more general fix, but I will keep this ticket open until I get a better understanding of this issue, probably when OPT-1509 is done.
          Hide
          sebastian.stamm Sebastian Stamm added a comment -

          This was solved in OPT-1936 where we changed the way we extract the process definition from the xml: https://github.com/camunda/camunda-optimize/pull/302/files#diff-567d79728e9aaf97dade3ff31256560b

          Show
          sebastian.stamm Sebastian Stamm added a comment - This was solved in OPT-1936 where we changed the way we extract the process definition from the xml: https://github.com/camunda/camunda-optimize/pull/302/files#diff-567d79728e9aaf97dade3ff31256560b

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              sebastian.stamm Sebastian Stamm
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              1 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: